Bringing experience, knowledge and compassionTo The Legal Battlefield.
Photo of Attorneys Dennis Schroader

Need To Modify A Family Law Court Order? Our Firm Is Here To Help.

Conventional wisdom states that one of the only constants in life is change. This is certainly true in families with minor children. As your children grow and circumstances evolve, existing court orders for child custody and child support may no longer be appropriate. Thankfully, court orders can be modified with a court’s approval. Finding a family law attorney with experience in court order modifications is crucial to navigating these changes.

In Tacoma and surrounding areas of Washington, you can find the help you’re looking for at Schroader Law. Our legal team has 10 years of experience and they are ready to assist you in presenting a compelling legal argument for the modifications you seek. They will work tirelessly to ensure your voice is heard and your concerns are addressed.

When And Why To Modify A Custody Order

In Washington, either parent can petition to modify a child custody order if there has been an unexpected and substantial change in the circumstances of one parent or the needs/circumstances of the children. This change must also be relevant, meaning that the best interests of the child or children are no longer being served by the current order.

Our legal team can guide you through either petitioning to alter an existing order or striving to maintain the status quo if it serves your child’s best interests. They will provide the legal support needed to navigate these sensitive situations, always with a focus on what will serve your child best in the long term. For responsive, diligent legal representation, you can count on us.

Child Support Orders Can Be Modified To Reflect Changing Financial Realities

Significant changes in either parent’s financial circumstances or the needs of the child are both reasons to petition to modify and order for child support. Attorney Schroader can represent you whether you are seeking to increase or decrease the payment amounts or seeking to prevent a change. He will help you understand the process, evaluate your situation and effectively represent your interests.

Discuss Your Options With An Attorney

Schroader Law is based in Tacoma, Washington, and serves clients across Pierce County. If you need to modify a court order or prevent a modification, contact us by calling 253-617-7525 or submit an online contact form. Our team is prepared to help you navigate these legal waters with confidence and compassion.